Tiny New York Story:Einstein in the cab

A cab driver who is the spitting image of Albert Einstein, wild hair and all. He doesn't say a word when I get in, just speeds me along to my destination all to the soundtrack of some neo-new-wave-hypno-tune playing in a loop on his radio. At one point, he picked his nose in contemplation, which only lent a sort of authenticity to him. The spell was broken when he drove past my stop, and said "Awww shit! I got so caught up in the music I missed your stop!" in the deepest New York accent you ever want to hear.

(Just got the back of his head and a glimpse of him in the rearview mirror because unlike my more brave friends, I didn't want to ask him to pose for me. I figured he probably gets the Al Einstein conversation all of the time.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Iv seen this guy in cincinnati ohio about a year ago

Popular posts from this blog

Mr. Lorenzo DuFau and the USS Mason

“A thing is mighty big when time and distance cannot shrink it”—Zora Neale Hurston